You can calculate and pay for legalization in our online calculator HERE.
For free consultation click HERE.
Legalization will make your document valid beyond the borders of Bulgaria.
According to the Hague Convention, Bulgarian documents must be authenticated by an Apostille. The Apostille is a special certification placed by the relevant institution, making the document officially recognized and legal. It contains information in ten fields, identifying the country which certified the document, the person who did so and their capacity, on which date and so on. Apostilles of Bulgarian documents are affixed by the Consular Relations Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Justice and the Ministry of Education and Science (depending on the type of document).
If the document to be legalized needs to be translated as well, this is done by a licensed translator in the respective language, who will affix their signature in witness of the accuracy of the translation. Translations are certified by the Consular Relations Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Some of the most frequently legalized documents are:
- Birth Certificate
- Family Status Certificate
- Notarized Declaration
- Divorce Decree
- Civil Marriage Certificate
- Criminal Record Certificate
- Power of Attorney
- It should have the required seals and certifications. You may read more information in our FAQ HERE;
- The document must be translated by a translation agency authorized by the Consular Relations Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- We certify the original document in the relevant Ministry — for instance, the Ministry of Justice, Ministry of Culture, Ministry of Health etc., as required by the Consular Relations Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- We translate your document and print it out on our letterhead, in our capacity as an authorized agency, with a corporate seal and a signature of a licensed translator;
- We attach the translation to the certified document. We authenticate this set in the Consular Relations Directorate of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
Our turnaround times are consistent with the processing time of the certifying institutions.
Our prices are consistent with the fees and the state revenue stamps of the certifying institutions.